Edison Universe has partnered with CAPS (Center for Advanced Professional Studies) to offer a Student Innovation Contest exclusively for CAPS Schools. Winners will win a trip to Costa Rica or Peru provided by G Adventures, the world leader in innovative, authentic adventure travel that specializes in once-in-a-lifetime trips for young people.
CAPS creates a modern-day Menlo Park environment at the high school level by integrating businesses directly into the educational curriculum. Bringing Edison’s values to life at an unprecedented level in the education world, CAPS now has locations throughout the country. Edison Universe is sponsoring contests to showcase these students’ innovations and the impact that businesses can have in these students’ lives.
The deadline for student submissions is April 15, 2019. Winners will be announced May 1, 2019. Questions about the contest can be directed to Corey Mohn at CMohn@bluevalleyk12.org.
- The submission criteria will closely mirror the standards established for a corporate or non-profit Edison Award nomination, but will be modified for student submissions. (For example, many of the students’ products/services will not be on the market yet, so they would instead explain how they would market it.)
- All student nominees will receive a certificate from Edison Universe for their portfolios.
- Student entries will be reviewed and voted on by CAPS administrators, instructors and business partners, as well as Edison Awards Steering Committee members and reviewers.
- The top two students, or student teams, receiving the most votes in the final round will be named “Young Edison” student winners. Winners will receive a $5000 adventure travel voucher to Costa Rica or Peru. Teams with multiple members will split the voucher equally.
- Student winners are required to create a blog article and 60-second video acknowledging the scholarship and describing their project that will be featured on the Edison Universe web page and through Edison Awards social media channels.